Tuesday, March 8, 2011

VLCD, Day 2

Today was an ok day. The headache returned after lunch and thankfully it was Mardi Gras and I was off of work so I was able to put the baby down for a nap and nap myself for 2 hours. That helped tremendously.

I've lost 1 pound which is exactly on track. I was 173 on day 1, and 177.2 on Monday after my gorge days. This morning I was 172. So I am definitely right where I need to be at this point and the 1 pound loss was definitely motivating.

There were a few times today where I either almost messed up unintentionaly, or I struggled badly. I struggled almost all afternoon from lunch until dinner. It's like I could taste food in my mouth and I felt this emptiness in my mouth that I needed to fill. It was mad hard, no lie. I unintentionally put a little of Shelby's whole milk in my mouth by holding her cup with my mouth while doing something else with my hands. I also unintentionally started using a fork that was being used for a fattier purpose. Cooking dinner for the family was also quite a test.

I had tilapia for lunch and 93% ground beef for dinner. The ground beef was by far the most filling and satisfying thing I've eaten thus far...but I can't have it often and that sucks.

I'm very excited to see what the scale says tomorrow and I realized tonight that this is probably the longest that I've ever gone in my entire life without eating a single processed food...and it's only been 2 days! That's really sad and I can't imagine what is going on inside my body as it partially flips out searching desperately for corn syrup and canola oil.

Wish me luck because today was definitely harder than day 1.

No comments: