Sunday, March 6, 2011

Gorge Day 2

Well, it's only day 2 and I already forgot to weigh in. Crappers! But it's gorge day, so who really cares, right?

Yesterday I weighed out my veggies and meats for a full week. I was pleasantly surprised by how many shrimp I can eat, but saddened by how little ground meat I can eat. Week one will consist of shrimp, tilapia and lean organic grass fed ground beef. The veggies will be broccoli, cauliflower and cucumber and my fruits are oranges and apples.

I found Melba toast and the bread sticks at the store, which thrilled me because for some reason I had no idea if regular ole Winn Dixie would sell these items and bam, they were right there.

Gorge day one was rough going. I had very little appetite at all so I had to constantly remind myself to eat. By the evening, I kicked it up a notch and devoured half of a Brooklyn Pizza and followed it with a whole pint of chocolate ice cream.

So far for Gorge Day 2 I've had biscuits and butter, powdered mini donuts (YUM) and I'm "snacking" on Cadbury mini eggs.

I am so excited and so ready for tomorrow. I've read everywhere that preparation is the difference between failure and success and I'm really pleased with how much I've done to prepare for this. I have Ziggy's full support and I know that will be vital especially on Mardi Gras day and on his birthday next weekend. Maybe this wasn't the best week to start, but is there ever a good week to start? Eventually you just have to jump in.

Wish me luck!

No comments: