Friday, March 11, 2011

Almost done with week one!

My feelings today are very mixed on how things are going.

The Good:
The numbers on the scale are AWESOME! I am already down to 167.2 which is a very impressive loss for the week and right on target with the diet's claims and promises if you are faithful. That has me elated and excited and feeling very proud of myself. The numbers are also motivating me through some of the bad parts. My clothes don't feel yet like I've lost all these pounds though, so I'm very anxious to do the weekly measurements tomorrow morning and see if I've lost any inches yet.

The Bad:
I am hungry...well, no, I take that back. I'm actually not hungry. I feel a hunger pain maybe once a day if ever. I feel no actual physical hunger symptoms. I am literally mourning food though. I feel despair over the thought of a whole weekend without a single sinful bite or cheat moment. When I lost the weight last year, I would diet all week and have a weekly cheat day. This kept me sane. It also took 4 months to lose the 20lbs, but it kept me sane. I have no cheat days...no cheat bites...no cheat anything until April 1st. This is horrendous to really accept and think about.

It's my husband's birthday weekend and it saddens me that I can't take him out for giant plates of fried happiness for his birthday. I do know that a skinnier me is a great gift for him...more so than fried shrimp, but it doesn't make me mourn any less. My husband loves me the way that I am, but I become a different person when I'm at a healthy weight and that person that I become is more active in the bedroom and happier and confident and for those reasons, this is a better gift to him.

As for food, my options have been ok. I've learned to make a delicious Tilapia filet. I've had a ground meat (93% lean) twice this week and that little 100grams of red meat has felt scandelously wonderful. I'm getting a bit tired of apples so I plan to buy a different flavor apple tomorrow. I've had Gala apples all week, so I'll maybe get crazy and get some Granny Smith's tomorrow.

The diet is working, I am having no physical discomfort and really the only distress that I feel at any time is the mental and emotional connection to food that I'm missing.

I'll post my measurements tomorrow! Have a great weekend and drink a Coke for me!

No comments: